Quick Summary of the technical checklist for everyone participating in a Co-Viewing Session
1. Use headphones with your VR device (or PC)
2. Charge your device and controllers before the session
3. Verify your Browser is up to date
4. Connect your Device to the best internet wifi and test that WebRTC is working on this same internet network using your PC
Please validate that both Relay connectivity and Host connectivity are checked
Find below a more detailed WebRTC audit
To get a Co-Viewing Sessions as comfortable as possible, Wonda VR recommends:
- To fully charged your devices before starting the session. Performance on VR Headsets highly decreased when the battery is low and Co-Viewing sessions can be very demanding in term of performances with multiple participants.
- To have headphones plugged to your headsets or mute users when they are not speaking to avoid echoes.
Wonda VR Spaces Co-Viewing sessions rely on two different services in order to work properly
- A webRTC stack which handles audio communications and avatar synchronisation
- A content synchronisation server that allows all participants to view the same content at the same time
- Bandwidth use: Wonda VR recommends having a bandwidth of at least 300kbps per user to support a good audio quality and correct avatar synchronisation. This bandwidth is only for webRTC communications, it does not include the bandwidth cost of media streaming.
- Firewall rules: In order to work correctly, the following connexions must be allowed in the firewall TCP to janus.spaces.wondavr.com (ip: 188.8.131.52) port 80 and 443UDP to janus.spaces.wondavr.com (ip: 184.108.40.206) port 20000-60000
- Network Configuration: By default, webRTC communications will not work on networks that use a symmetric NAT restriction more info here. If it is the case, we can set up a TURN server to handle these use cases.
- Trouble Shooting: You can use this tool https://test.webrtc.org/ to verify your device allows webRTC communications in your current network configuration.
Content Synchronisation Requirements
Communications to Wonda VR synchronisation server must be allowed with the following properties:
- TCP to room-manager.spaces.wondavr.com port 443