Create a new Virtual Experience
From your Team Space, you can create a new Virtual Experience by selecting the associated + icon at the top of your Team Space.
You will now have the ability to select one of the templates by clicking on the template of your choice:
- Meeting Room: for organizing immersive meetings and the ability to customize the Welcome Screen and Posters in the 3D Room
- Virtual Tour: includes Sample 360 Virtual Tour Assets with 360 images and videos to walk you through how to use interactive hotspots as well as incorporating quizzes and scorecards.
- Blank Experience: this is an empty project with default settings
- And much more to come!
Once inside one of our Template 3D Rooms, you can click the gear icon on the bottom left of your screen to open the Editor. Here you can assemble all your media files to create a unique and powerful Presentation that will be shown in a 3D Room.
Edit the Virtual Experience
Click on the settings icon to edit the general information about your Virtual Experience. This information will be visible to everyone who has access to the Team Space:
- Experience Title: This is the name of the experience that will be shown in the Team Space you’ve previously created. For example, if your Team Space is “The natural science of Astronomy”, a presentation title can be “Fly me to the moon”.
- Description: This is the description of the experience that will be shown in the Team Space you’ve previously created. It’s also publicly visible to everyone invited to access this experience.
- Poster Image: This is the visual tied to the title and description in the experience. You can choose to display it as an initial scene of your experience. Disable the option to start on another scene.
- Display Outline: This shows or hides the outline of the experience in the room. If activated, the outline will be visible to anyone when accessing the experience online on a dedicated panel.
- Display Control Bar: This shows or hides the navigation bar in the 3D Room, which shows the title of each experience resource and navigation arrows at the bottom of the screen, or on the player control bar for 360° videos.
- Virtual 3D Room: Customize the main background to feature your 2D scenes. More information here.
Add a new scene
On the left of the screen, you will find the Outline of your experience.
> A Presentation can be composed by one or multiple sections.
> A section can be considered like a chapter of a book, which has a title to describe the multiple resources that are linked to each other. It's composed of one or multiple Scenes.
> The Scene is the background on which you will add annotations. A scene can be either:
- an image: any still image in .jpg or .png format
- a video: any video in .mp4 format
- a 360° Image: any spherical image in .jpg equirectangular format
- a 360° Video: any spherical video in .mp4 equirectangular format
Add a continuous ambient sound to a section
You can add an mp3 that will play throughout all scenes in one section to enhance the immersive experience.
To get the most of this feature, here are some recommendations:
- As most modern web browsers deactivate the automatic audio playback if no action has been made by the user beforehand, simply create a first section without an ambient sound. It can include one welcome image scene that invites users to interact with a “Start now” button annotation, for example.
- In the second section, you can add as many scenes as you would like, whether they be 2D or 360 images and videos. Your ambient sound will be played without any interruption all along the user flow.
- This feature is ideal for virtual tours when jumping back and forth between 360 images
Add annotations to a scene
In the middle of the screen, you will find the What You See Is What You Get editor. Here you will be able to locate your annotations on your resources, but also switch between Edit and Preview Mode. See below for more details:
- 1: Add a new image in .png or .jpg format
- 2: Add a new video in .mp4 format. Recommended resolution is up to 1080p
- 3: Add a new Text element
- 4: Add a Hotspot icon from the collection
- 5: Add a Card. A card is a predefined layout composed by a title and text content that can be enabled by a user action
- 6: Add a quiz to ask questions to users. More information here
- 7: Add a score card so users can know their score at any time. More information here
- 8: Switch between Edit Mode and Preview Mode in one click. In Preview Mode you’re able to watch the experience in VR if your HMD is connected to your desktop or in full screen if you don’t have one
- 9: The main area to locate all annotations in the space
Edit annotation Properties
For each element selected in the WYSIWYG editor, you have a contextual properties panel displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Source: Available for images, videos, and annotations. You can change the source of an image, for example, to update or replace it by another image and still keep the other properties you’ve set.
- Autoplay: Check this option if you want your video to automatically playback at the beginning of the sequence without any user action
- Style: Allows you to define visual and audio properties of an element. You can change the opacity of all elements, change the font, size, and alignment of text, and also change the color of text and hotspots.
- Start time: This option lets you choose the moment the selected element will show up in the sequence. You can also choose to enable the ‘custom duration’ option to display the element during a specific moment.
- Trigger Action: Triggers an action based on user behaviour:
- None: Nothing happens when a user clicks or gazes on the element.
- Link: User will open a new website, a new scene or a new Experience. More info here.
- Annotation: User will show an element present in the scene that is hidden.
- Sound: Plays a .mp3 file when user clicks or gazes on the initial element.