Kaltura is a video and image hosting platform dedicated to Enterprise and Education needs. You can connect your Kaltura account to Spaces so you can either import your media files (images, videos & sounds) from the Kaltura platform to Spaces or upload media files to Kaltura from Spaces.
Note that the Kaltura features are only available for Enterprise and University Hubs.
How to set up the connexion with Kaltura? (Hubs Admin only)
First, please make sure you have the following roles:
- Hub Admin in Spaces
- Kaltura account administrator
Then, you need to generate an App Token for your Kaltura account. More information about this process on Kaltura documentation here. Depending on your needs, you can setup this app so it can either:
- Allow every participant of the Hub in Spaces to see all content from the Kaltura account (no matter if it is the participant or someone else who has uploaded the content to Kaltura)
- Allow each participant to see only their own content in Kaltura
Once the App Token has been generated by Kaltura, go to the Hub settings in Spaces and select the integration tab/ Kaltura to simply fill in the App Token required information.
How does a user access his Kaltura media in Wonda VR Spaces?
When the integration is done, no further action is required by the user. To be sure the integration has been correctly set, all users can view the information by going to the "User account"> Integration> choosing the right hub.
Now, each time you and all participants belonging to the Hub will open the Media Library to add a new media, you will get the possibility to choose “From Kaltura”.
NB: Note that if you would like to use 360° media from Kaltura in Spaces, you need to tag them as “360” directly in Kaltura so they’re recognized as spherical media. More info in this Kaltura support article.
How to upload a media from Wonda VR to my Kaltura account
If you upload media files into ‘From Kaltura’ tab, they will be directly available in your Kaltura account as well.
- A "360" tag is automatically added to Kaltura for 360 content
- Videos are transcoded in Dash and available for streaming on Kaltura servers
About user account management
Whether Wonda VR Spaces users (hub participants) have a Kaltura account or not, they will be able to connect to Kaltura in a seamless way.
If the Wonda VR account email is an existing Kaltura account (SSO login):
- No new account will be created on Kaltura end
- Wonda VR users will see in their medialibrary their existing Kaltura content and they will be able to upload media to Spaces
If the Wonda VR account email does not match an existing Kaltura account:
- A Kaltura account will be created automatically for Wonda VR users
- This new user will be part of the Kaltura account but will not be logged in the KMS
- Wonda VR users will be able to upload their media to Kaltura from Spaces